Saturday, January 26, 2013

I have no business telling you what to drink.

The night I met my husband, I spilled a glass of wine in his lap.  I wasn't exactly tipsy, but I tend to talk with my hands when excited or flirting, so yeah.  Glass of wine.  In his lap.  I made him look like he peed himself.

That's not the embarrassing part.  The embarrassing part is that I was drinking white zinfandel.  I spilled pink wine on my future husband's crotch.  But wouldn't you know, he bought me another?

That's the last pink wine I ever drank.  A week later, when he took me out to dinner, he picked out a lovely red (God knows what it was.)  It was the first time I'd ever seen the whole bottle presentation schtick--feeling the cork, swirling the wine.  It was impressive and pretty sexy, too.  (Whatever.  I was 24.)

So now, many years and two kids later, I'm a bit of a wino.  I have my opinions and a budget.  I'm pretty much only going to talk about wines around the $10 mark because...did I mention the kids?  Yeah, they use up all my money.  So I'm always on the lookout for a nice wine to pair with a frozen Freschetta pizza or something even fancier, like chili.

I'll leave you with the words of The Old Man in A Christmas Story:

"Hey, this wine's not bad.  It's not good, either..."

Cheers!


 


1 comment:

  1. This is going to be fun! I can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete